Hungarian Americans of Cleveland
Cleveland Press Articles
Church to Honor Men in service
The Cleveland Press, June 24, 1942
As honor Roll of the more than 300 men of St. Elizabeth parish in the armed services will be dedicated tomorrow night with services at the churches, E. 90th street and Buckeye road.
Msgr. Emory Tanos, pastor, and Rev. Fr. Edward A. Wolf will officiate. Cleveland railway post, American Legion, and girls of the B.U. M. will add military color.
The plaque, suggestion of Edward J. Hornyak, is the gift of the church ushers, some of whom are in the photograph above. Those pictured: from left to right, rear row: Steve Olexo, Joseph Andrassy, Edward Hongash, vice president; Emil Skala, secretary; Ernest Meyers. Center row: Anthony Mayer, Joseph Maji, John Spotila, Msgr. Tanos, Father Wolf, Geza Kocsis, William Toth. Front row: Mr. Hornyak, Andrew Balazsik.