The Greater Cleveland Print Collection
The Greater Cleveland Print Collection features images of Cleveland in non-photographic format. They are often of the 19th century era, before photography was widespread, but also include more artistic renderings in the early 20th century.
The sources for the 294 images in this collection include:
- Atlas of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, from Actual Surveys by and Under the Directions of D. J. Lake, C. E., 1874
- Cleveland Illustrated by Wm. Payne, 1876
- Cleveland: Village to Metropolis by Edmund H. Chapman, 1964
- Midwest Heritage; With Hundreds of Old Engravings by John Drury, 1948
- A History of the City of Cleveland... by James Harrison Kennedy, 1896
- Louis Conrad Rosenberg: Etchings of the Cleveland Union Terminal
Credits and Appreciation:
This Cleveland Memory site was the work of Beth Owens, a practicum student in CSU's Special Collections from the Kent State University School of Library and Information Science in the Fall of 2007.