Railroad History Holdings in Cleveland Memory
A pathfinder to images, texts, and archival collections in Cleveland Memory & the Special Collections in the Michael Schwartz Library, Special Collections, Cleveland State University as well as links to some outside sources.
- Bridges of Metropolitan Cleveland (1981) by Sara Ruth Watson and John R. Wolfs
- Cleveland Union Station: a description of the new passenger facilities and surrounding improvements (1930)
- History of the Cleveland Viaduct * (1878) by Collins French
- Pictorial Corporate History of the Newburgh & South Shore Railway* (unpublished)
- Chapter 15 of The Years Were Good (1956) by Cleveland Press editor Louis B. Seltzer. A warm personal recollection of the Van Sweringen brothers by a man who knew them well.
- Cleveland Public Square Passenger Terminal Authorized* (1921)
- Cleveland's Huletts Still Standing Tall (1997); revised 1998, 1999
- "Magnetic Switch Controllers on Electrically-operated Automatic Ore Unloaders at Lorain, O." (1905)
- "Movable Bridges on the Cuyahoga,* by Sara Ruth Watson and John R. Wolfs. The Gamut, Spring/Summer 1981.
- "Ore Unloading Machines for Use at Receiving Docks." (1905)
- "Ore-Handling Machinery at the NYP&O Dock at Cleveland, Ohio" *(1909)
- The Pennsylvania Railroad's Cleveland Docks (1946)
- "Terminal Subway for the Detroit-Superior Bridge".* A Report of the Committee of Municipal Art and Architecture of the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. 1915.
*Indicates resources from the Cleveland Digital Library.
*At the Michael Schwartz Library, Special Collections Cleveland State University.
- Railroads from the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History