The Cleveland Group Plan of 1903
Cleveland City Hall
- Designed by: J. Milton Dyer
- Started in: 1912
- Completed in: 1916
- See more images of this building
Designed by J. Milton Dyer in 1907, it was planned to terminate the view of what is now E. 6th St. It is visually the twin of the Cuyahoga County Courthouse. It has been renovated inside, but retains its outside integrity. To the east of Cleveland City Hall sits Willard Park, originally part of the Group Plan, and dedicated to Archibald Willard, the painter of The Spirit of '76. A copy of the painting hangs in the Rotunda.
For Further Reading:
- "The City Hall, Cleveland, Ohio" - an article by J. Milton Dyer that appeared in The American Architect, vol. 112, no. 2170, July 25, 1917.
- Cleveland Designated Landmarks: City Hall - Cleveland City Planning Commission
- Cleveland City Hall - from The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History
- Slide show of photos & sketches of the building - From D. H. Ellison Co.