The Lewis Turco Collection
Site Purpose and Acknowledgements
The purpose of this Web site is:
- To recognize the literary significance of Lewis Turco and his involvement in the creation and direction of the Poetry Center.
- To provide a brief history of the inception of the Poetry Center and the events leading up to its founding.
- To offer digital content, multimedia and otherwise, related to Lewis Turco, the Poetry Center and to offer means to discover other non-digital content available at CSU and other institutions.
Over the course of the development of this project, a great deal of help came from various departments at the Cleveland State University Library. We would like to thank the following people for their willing and helpful contributions toward the research, content, and troubleshooting that went into the development of this site:
- Lewis Turco, for his generous contributions and establishment of the Lewis Turco Archive of American Poetry at Cleveland State University Library.
- George O'Connell, for his donation of Bordello poem prints.
- Bill Barrow, Special Collections
- Bill Becker, Archives
- Matthew Cook, KSU SLIS Practicum Student
- Joanne Cornelius, Digital Production
- Vern Morrison, Digital Production
- Restu Satioromo, Digital Production
- Barbara Strauss, Technical Services
- Nathan Miller, Brush High School Senior Project Student